About the platform
The TRC is CHDR’s freely available clinical pharmacology platform that provides users with quick and easy access to information about medicines, including clear overviews of pharmacological mechanisms of action.
Mechanisms are presented in the context of (patho)physiological processes. To illustrate the mechanisms, a specially-developed library of symbols is used, providing a consistent graphical environment that enhances visual understanding. These visuals are accompanied by explanatory text with examples, as well as links to drug formularies and other drug mechanisms. Along with drug mechanisms, the TRC also explains basic pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic topics.
Learning is supported by short quiz questions, which are further consolidated by feedback on answers. Students can also practise applying their pharmacological knowledge by writing therapeutic plans according to the 6STEP methodology. About 40 cases are available with different stages of complexity, from beginner level to advanced cases.
The user experience is enhanced with such functionalities as personalisation (each user has their own TRC page), a search function, and 6STEP portfolio. At the back end, the TRC platform registers all user statistics, offering teachers the possibility to track student progress.
Explore the TRC platform at www.trc-p.nl
The TRC app
The Centre for Human Drug Research and the Leiden University Medical Center are proud to offer the Teaching Resource Centre (TRC) Pharmacology app to further enhance TRC users’ learning experience. This app represents a further step in the development of accessible, high-quality teaching materials, aligning with CHDR's mission to improve the provision of pharmacology education.
The TRC iPad app is now available as a free download.
Features of the TRC app
- Peer-reviewed information on basic pharmacology and system (organ) specific pharmacology
- Thorough explanation of pharmacological mechanisms of action based on (patho)physiology
- Consistent graphical environment using the TRC symbols
- Up-to-date pharmacological and pharmacotherapeutic information
- Knowledge assessment with immediate feedback
- Links to drug formularies and other drug/disease-specific guidelines
- Built-in search function
- Free download of the entire TRC pharmacology database
- Fully operational offline with automatic update