What is the AC-PS?
The aim of the fund is to financially support young researchers to develop and further their career in Clinical Pharmacology by gaining relevant experience outside of their own institution. An annual amount of up to 10,000 EUR is available for several researchers to come to the Netherlands or to go abroad (from the Netherlands). Individuals can apply for up to 5,000 EUR with a justification of expenses. Support can be granted for expenses relating to travel, conferences, research exchanges, short-term research internships, a virtual learning course, and other costs for an educational or research activity.
The AC-PS fund is awarded twice a year. The deadlines for submitting applications are June 30 and December 31 of each calendar year.
How to apply
In order to apply for this fund, candidates should submit the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance from the receiving institute in case of an internship/exchange, or the proof of registration in case of a conference or course
- A detailed justification / cost breakdown
Applications should be sent to Dr Matthijs Moerland (MMoerland@chdr.nl) electronically in PDF before June 30 or December 31.
The applications are evaluated by a programme committee according to the following criteria:
- Completeness of the application
- Letter of Motivation
- Planned activities / schedule
- Scope and relevance of the activity
- Curriculum vitae / background of the candidate
- Letter of recommendation (from supervisor or receiving institute or both)
- Cost breakdown
A decision by the committee can be expected within one month following the respective deadline date.
Once the grant is awarded, we will transfer the funds to the recipient. Upon completion of the activity, the recipient must provide a concise report describing the activity, as well as deliverables/outcomes of the educational or research activity/stay.