About the organization
The Centre for Human Drug Research (CHDR) is looking for a (senior) software developer. CHDR is an independent institute specializing in innovative, early-stage clinical drug research (www.chdr.nl). This is an important step in developing medication and treatments for patients. By combining cutting edge methods and technologies, using state-of-the-art facilities, by talented researchers, we help maximize our clients’ success. We are located in Leiden, the Netherlands, and collaborate closely with the University of Leiden and the clinical departments of the Leiden University Medical Centre.
What does the job look like?
With new drugs to be tested, new methods for testing them on humans are being developed. Also changing legislation and new user requirements ask for new functionalities. CHDR develops new methods and new ways for collecting clinical trial data and data processing. It all comes together in the Promasys system that is the core data application and data store in our organisation.
A (senior) developer takes the lead in designing and implementing major pieces of functionality in Promasys, as well as data collecting methods. As a (senior) developer you will be in charge of programming Promasys, based on the created specifications and requirements. You are able to define test cases and run the tests. You are in close contact with the customer for direct support. We explicitly invite software developers that have the ability to grow to a senior level within a short timeframe.
Our Software Development team currently consists of 2 members. We share a common interest in gaining knowledge and applying it to our systems and processes. Does this appeal to you, then do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Your responsibilites will consist of understanding the CHDR business and identifying opportunities to develop new functionalities. Next to that you will also need to understand concepts and develop in-depth working knowledge of the application products, development tools and systems in assigned area of responsibility. Other activities are designing and participating in review sessions for product systems and subsystems, developing roadmaps and (sub)systems based upon design sessions and requirement specifications. You are also expected to take the lead in introducing new technologies into the development team and mentor other staff in the proper use of those technologies.
Other responsibilities are:
· Maintaining and enhancing the quality of the Promasys software system by:
o Providing support for users of the software
o Analyzing and solving defects in the software
o Assisting with installation of production environments
o Assisting with customer training and presentations
· Developing new or enhancing functionalities for Promasys software by:
o Writing functional and technical specifications
o Programming the specified functionality
o Organizing, creating and performing adequate testing of programmed functionalities
o Writing technical and user documentation
· Improving the infrastructure of the development environment by:
o Setting up and supporting a source code control system
o Setting up and supporting a defect tracking system
o Describing standard operating procedures
o Maintaining the web and data server environment
Required technical skills
· 5 years of software development and solution design/architect experience
· Experience in architecture, algorithms, design and cross-platform commercial software development (expert level)
· Experience with Agile/Scrum development methods
· Experience in developing web services
· Knowledge of EDC and experience with applications that comply with 21 CFR Part 11 is preferred
· Experience with clinical trial software systems is an advantage
Preferred soft skills
· Proven ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
· Proven ability to understand complex user requirements and ability to translate to application requirements
· Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to work with all levels within the organization
· Ability to perform independently and under pressure of time constraints
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, computer proficiency, and ability to follow through with projects from inception to completion
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills
· Strong work ethics
· Team player
You will join a dynamic, passionate and growing organization and work within a small team in a multi-disciplinary environment. We offer you a pleasant workplace with an open work environment and good secondary employment conditions such as an end of year bonus, development opportunities and all kinds of social events.